November 20, 2013

My LCHF lifestyle - week 9

Week 9 of my new LCHF lifestyle, which means eating meals that are low on carbohydrates and high on fat and also abstain of all kinds of processed foods, is over. Although I am through a 2 month milestone, I still feel that this is new. These last two months have given me so much good stuff and I can't wait to see what the future will bring.

Before taking a look at the usual weekly statistics, I would first like to collect all the benefits I experienced in the past two months on LCHF diet:

  • my blood sugar is normal throughout the day;
  • my cholesterol and triglycerides have improved;
  • my skin is healthier and I have significantly reduced dandruff;
  • I sleep like a log;
  • I am full of energy through entire day, even if I skip a meal every now and then;
  • I lost 7 kilograms of weight and 10 centimeters of waistline;
  • my weight and waistline continue to decrease;
  • although I have always been healthy, I can say that I haven't felt that healthy for a long long time;
  • and I did all this by eating real and tasty foods made out of fresh and delicious ingredients, but with absolutely no hunger, eating schedule, cravings, exercise and no changes to my normal daily routine;
These are the reasons why I love LCHF soooo much. So, take a look at week 9 results.



My weight and waistline progress in the past 9 weeks.
The plateau that I experienced in the past weeks is gone,
and my progress sped up.

Weight

Today (Nov 18th 2013):104,9kg
7 days ago (Nov 11th 2013):105,0kg
LCHF Day 1 (Sep 20th 2013):112,0kg
Weekly progress:-0,1kg
Absolute progress:-7,1kg

By looking at this week's progress, it may seem that I didn't have much progress. However, this and last Mondays were the peak days. During the week, my weight fell below 105kg and on Sunday, even to 103.7kg! But in the end of Sunday, I had a big dinner and this showed on Monday morning. Nevertheless, I'm feel that this week was one of the best in the past month. I think it is a lovely proof that constant efforts don't assure constant improvement. On some weeks, it is better and other, it is less good. But as long as I don't struggle, I can keep it up and overcome all short-term variations.



Waistline

Today (Nov 18th 2013):116,5cm
7 days ago (Nov 11th 2013):115,5cm
LCHF Day 1 (Sep 20th 2013):126,0cm
Weekly progress:-1,0cm
Absolute progress:-10,5cm

My waistline progress is a clear confirmation of my "constant efforts - long term success" rule. After 2 months, I have reached my first big milestone: to loose 10 centimeters of waistline. I haven't had such waistline for years, even when I was cutting calories and exercising for months!

Plans for week 10

I have no special plans for week 10, other than staying low carb high fat and being careful about eating no less than 3 meals per day. I am also working on a new scientific post which will be about white sugar. I've found some very interesting facts about it and would love to share them with you!

I wish you a nice, successful and healthy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment